Parenting Pep Talk is a weekly series of guest posts all about encouraging other parents by sharing some of our happy moments, the advice that has worked for us and some positive words of encouragement.
Today’s post is from Left Back at Home NCFC.
1) Tell us a little bit about you and your family.
I’m a mum of two daughters. My eldest is 3 and my youngest is now 5 months. My poor husband is just slightly outnumbered, but luckily for him our 3 year old is a total Daddy’s girl.
2) How would you describe your parenting style?
Both myself and my husband are quite relaxed parents. I love to encourage fun and playtime at home. Although I think a routine is very important as toddlers like to know happening around them. We try to avoid baby talk with our daughters especially now we have a baby.
3) What’s your favourite thing about being a parent?
I love spending time with my girls. Snuggling on the sofa and reading them stories. I love watching them grow and develop into interesting people.
4) What piece of advice have you been given that you found especially helpful?
To go your own way. They are our daughters and hopefully we know what is best for them.
5) What one piece of encouraging advice would you give to a new parent?
It gets easier. 2 was fun, 3 is even better and I can’t wait for 4. Also don’t worry about what everybody else’s babies are doing, they all develop at their own pace.
6) Can you share one of your favourite parenting moments?
Introducing my eldest to her new baby sister; she has been so gentle and loving towards her since she was born. We have been very lucky.
7) Anything else that you would like to share to encourage other parents?
One of my favourite sayings about children is:
“First we had each other
Then we had you
And now we have everything”
Thank you for sharing your positive parenting moments and the advice you have found helpful.
You can connect with Left Back at Home NCFC on the following social networks:
If you’d like to share some of your positive parenting moments on the Parenting Pep Talk, then let me know in the comments below and I’ll email you with more details.