My little blog is one year old today and it feels like I have come a long way since I wrote my first post as part of last year’s 40acts challenge. Although I’d been blogging for several years beforehand, firstly as part of a writing challenge to write exactly 100 words each day and then later documenting my daughter Jessica’s heart journey, this was the first time I’d really given myself the space to write and reflect through blogging. What I didn’t know back then was that I would discover a whole community of lovely like-minded bloggers whilst rediscovering my own passion for writing.
Over this last year, I have:
- Written more than 450 blog posts
- Discovered and become part of a wonderful blogging community
- Become quite addicted to blogging
- Learned all about linkys and created a couple of my own!
- Tried to raise awareness of congenital heart defects and have met other heart families through their blogs
- Become active on social media channels I was barely aware of a year ago!
- Learned not to get too hung up on stats (although have been very happy to reach no. 194 in the Tots100 charts!)
- Attended my first blogging event (Blog Camp) and am looking forward to going to both Blog Camp and Britmums this year and meeting lots of lovely bloggers!
- Reviewed some fab products and ran a few giveaways
- Had a few days out with my girls through blogging opportunities or that have been inspired through reading other blogs.
- Recorded lots of little moments that might have been forgotten otherwise.
My top 5 posts this year have been:
- The truth about the 20 week scan
- Being a heart dad: a personal reflection
- My struggle to bond with my second baby
- To us on the day we became heart parents
- Christmas fayre in memory of Amelia
Thank you to everyone who has followed my blog, commented on my posts and social media, written a guest post or linked up with my ‘From the mouths of babes’ or ‘Heart to heart’ linkys. I have loved getting to know so many people as a result of blogging and I’m looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you in person later on this year.