From the mouths of babes is a linky all about sharing the things that children say. Whether it’s those adorable mispronounced words, glimpses into their imaginations or just the blunt observations that children make, I’d love to hear about them.
The linky runs monthly, opening on the 1st day of the month and staying open until 21st, so there is plenty of time to link up!
Guidelines for joining in:
- You can link up to three posts per month. Old and new posts are welcome.
- Posts should include a quote or observation on something a child has said.
- Please add the badge below to your posts so that others know where to link up if they wish to join in.
- I will comment on linked posts and tweet them out. If you use the hashtag #ftmob I’ll also do my best to retweet them.
- Posts linked up will also be added to the #ftmob Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/liquoriceuk/from-the-mouths-of-babes/
Sophie says… November 2018
Here are some of the things Sophie has been saying recently:
“Oh. My. Goodness. Oh my golly gosh.”
Sophie on Thomas
S: (watching me changing Thomas’s nappy) “Mummy, Thomas did a poonami.”
Me: “No, that was just a poo. A poonami is when it goes all up his back and we have to change his clothes.”
S: “And if Thomas wees up his back, he’ll do a weenami!”
S: “Mummy, Thomas is so handsome. When he grows up he can marry me.”
Me: “No, he’s your brother. You can’t marry your brother.”
S: (disappointed) “Then how will I get a ring like yours?”
S: (from the back of the car) “Mummy, Thomas is asleep. No, he’s awake. No, asleep. No, awake. No, asleep.”
Me: “I think that’s called blinking, Sophie.”
Sophie on Jessica
“I’m thinking about Jessica. I think about Jessica every day.”
“Mummy, I wish Jessica was still at my school so I could play with her in the playground.”
“Jessica is still there in our hearts Mummy. Right here. I can feel her in my tummy.”
Looking forward to reading what your little ones have been saying!