This week has been all about making the most of the sunshine and enjoying the garden. I had two lovely gardeners from Fantastic Services helping to clear the last of the overgrown areas in the garden at the end of last week. It looks so much better for it. At the moment, it’s still quite bare but we’re enjoying planning what we’re going to do with the additional space. I suspect there will be more roses. I’m also hoping that the girls and I will have more success at growing sunflowers later this year than we did last year!
One of the highlights of the weekend was enjoying our first picnic lunch of the year in the garden. It was one of those simple moments that just feel completely perfect – just me, hubby and the girls enjoying the sunshine and sharing some quality time together.
Sophie and I had fun in the garden making bubble snakes while Jessica was at school. We had a couple of moments where she forgot to blow and ended up with a mouthful of bubble mixture. She soon got the hang of it after that though!
Things I have loved this week:
- Listening to Sophie ‘reading’ the story of The Three Little Pigs to herself.
- Being able to go into Jessica’s classroom for their Mother’s Day open morning and see the things she does at school.
- Breakfast in bed and flowers on Mothers’ Day.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie having fun at their cousin E’s birthday party.
- Catching up with a friend over coffee.
- Having a tea party with Sophie, Jessica and their toys.
- Watching Sophie in her preschool Easter concert.
I’m a finalist in this year’s BiBs awards in the Inspire category. If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider voting for me. You can vote for me here.