It’s been another week of flying solo with hubby having been away until yesterday. As the week comes to an end, my main feeling is just being tired. I’ve been trying to juggle a few too many balls, had a to-do list that was just a little too long and burned the midnight oil one too many times. I’m very thankful for hubby being home at least for the weekend (he’s away for most of next week). Just having that extra pair of hands to take a little of the load off is helpful.
Jessica has also been more tired this week. She’s coped so well with school, especially as she started on full days from the word go. Yesterday it was all a bit too much though. I had a phone call after lunch to collect a very tired and very tearful Jessica. On the plus side, we had an afternoon of snuggles on the sofa (before having to go to the doctors for her flu jab). It was reassuring to have that confirmation that school will call me if Jessica is really struggling. They seem to be good so far at keeping a close eye on her. Hopefully she’ll feel more rested after the weekend.
Things I have loved this week:
- Taking part in the Girls’ Brigade recruitment event and watching Jessica and Sophie having fun doing crafts and getting their faces painted.
- An afternoon visiting friends. The girls had fun exploring Donnington Castle and playing in the playground near our friends’ house.
- Finishing the edits to the script and writing the songs for short piece of drama that will be performed in our Christmas concert at church.
- Getting our certificates through for completing our Land’s End to John O’Groats journey. We are now official “End-to-Enders.”
- Baking cookies with the girls.
- Sitting at the table and doing jigsaws with Sophie.
- Catching up with a friend over a late breakfast at the local garden centre café.
- Making a start on the Christmas present list.
- Seeing the joy on the girls’ faces when Daddy arrived back home.