This week has been quite a hectic one with lots of meetings and activities in the calendar to keep track of. I’ve felt like I’ve been juggling too many balls in the air and trying not to drop them! Naturally it also coincides with one of hubby’s busy weeks. He’s been away for part of the week and working late when he’s not been away so I’ve effectively been flying solo.
It’s partly the usual busyness that comes at this time of year – with school meetings and sports days. This week is also the start of show week for the girls’ ballet show. We had the dress rehearsal last night, the tech rehearsal is tonight and then there are two performances tomorrow. Jessica also has her cardiac check-up today and her school fayre this afternoon. It’s a lot to fit in to one week!
I’ve certainly felt more anxious this week in the run-up to Jessica’s check-up. I’m hoping that everything still looks good and that we can hold off on her next surgery for a little longer. Yesterday marked six years since Jessica’s very first surgery, when she was still in the womb. I was quite emotional watching her rehearse for the ballet show and realising once again just how far we have come in those six years.
Things I have loved this week:
- Jessica getting an Award of the Week certificate for keeping going when things get tough.
- Going for a walk in Black Park with my girls.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie having fun with their cousins at a family barbecue.
- Seeing Jessica taking part in her Sports Day – with a little help from her teachers in some events, such as the sack race, which are quite tiring for her.
- Making nature fairy wands with the girls.
- Jessica writing a note for the “toofurree” (tooth fairy) because her dolly Kerry’s tooth had fallen out.
- A walk along the canal with Sophie.
Linking up with The Reading Residence for #WotW