I’ve been focusing a lot on trying to stay positive this week. At the beginning of the week, I was inspired by Cuddle Fairy to take part in the #NoComplaints challenge – a challenge to go a whole day without complaints, criticism or negative thoughts. It was hard work at times but it made such a difference to my day to try and focus on the positives and whilst I haven’t managed to be complaint-free for the rest of the week, I’ve certainly been better at not letting the little niggles get to me. It made me realise just how automatic some of those grumbles are though!
Things I have loved this week:
- An evening out with hubby going to the church council meal.
- Watching the girls having lots of fun at their friend H’s birthday party.
- Going to see the Gruffalo’s Child live (and then the fun of trying to write it up in the style of the book!)
- Having haggis for dinner on Burns Night – yum, yum!
- Having a chat with Tim from Slouching Towards Thatcham and feeling honoured to be invited to share one of my blog posts for his podcast series – watch out for it coming soon!
- Hubby’s very impressive Duplo tower creation.
- Having my blog picked by Odd Socks and Lollipops as one of her top ten blogs.
- Having some fairytale fun out in the garden with my two little princesses.
- Jessica teaching me how to curtsey.
- Jessica’s preschool agreeing to have a ‘wear red’ day in aid of Tiny Tickers for Heart Week next month.