We’ve had a busy week to start the summer holidays with Thomas turning five and Sophie competing in a dance festival. She’s competed in five dances this week although thankfully none of them were on Thomas’s birthday so we were able to focus on the birthday boy without trying to juggle everything else!
Thomas has been very excited about his birthday and has been counting down the days for weeks! He had a lovely morning opening his birthday presents and we had a nice relaxed afternoon at home playing with new toys and enjoying birthday cake. He loved his Numberblock Five cake. We have his birthday party this weekend so the birthday excitement will continue for a couple more days.
Sophie had a good week with her dance festival, coming away with three medals. She and one of her friends from her dance school have been joining in with another dance school for their junior group dances over the last few months and it’s been so lovely seeing her making new dance friends. They’ve been such a lovely group of girls this week – supporting and encouraging each other in their sections.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 202 – I am grateful for a fun day finding some of the Morph sculptures around London.
- Day 203 – I am grateful for an afternoon doing crafts with Sophie.
- Day 204 – I am grateful that Thomas is quite happy for Sophie to dress him up. Lovely listening to them playing so happily together. I can just imagine Jessica joining in and giggling away with them both.
- Day 205 – I am grateful for a good start to festival week.
- Day 206 – I am grateful that everything is ready for tomorrow for my birthday boy.
- Day 207 – I am grateful that my birthday boy had a lovely day.
- Day 208 – I am grateful for Sophie having the opportunity to join in with The Yates School of Dancing for their junior group dances. It’s been so lovely to see her making friends with the others in the group and the way that they have all supported and encouraged each other this week. Getting a 1st and 3rd place medal for the group dances was the cherry on top! Thank you to all the lovely teachers, dancers and parents at Yates for being so welcoming and friendly.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie decorating a feather for Jessica to add to the angel wings at the Halo play café.
- Sophie and Thomas dancing together on the tap board.
- Finding the Morph sculptures around Tower Bridge at just the right time to watch it open to let a tall boat through.
- A fun morning at Iver Environment Centre learning about plants and pollinators.