We’ve had a lot of fun this week thanks to my mum coming to stay for the weekend, Thomas’s birthday party and a church BBQ plus days out with Sophie and Thomas. There’s also been a couple of quiet days at home where Sophie and Thomas had fun playing with their toys while I caught up with various things on the to-do list.
Thomas had a lovely birthday party and was very happy with his second Numberblocks-themed birthday cake. He and Sophie have been enjoying getting to have cake for breakfast a couple of mornings to help finish off all the cake!
We had a fun day out at Chessington World of Adventures. Sophie enjoyed being able to go on some of the bigger rides on her own. Unfortunately we did get stuck on the river raft ride towards the end of the day when the ride stopped working. Sophie was on her own in the boat in front of me and Thomas and got a little anxious waiting for help to arrive, although thankfully the staff were quite quick to get us all off the ride.
We had another day out in London to finish off the Morph trail and find the ones north of the river. I had a couple of flashbacks to doing the book bench trail around St Paul’s and could vividly picture a little Jessica sitting on the book benches that we found there. She loved doing the different trails and loved watching Morph on DVD so would have really enjoyed doing the Morph trail.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 209 – I am grateful for some quiet time for Jessica in all the busyness of this week.
- Day 210 – I am grateful that Thomas enjoyed his birthday party. Thank you everyone who came and made it such a lovely afternoon.
- Day 211 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed driving the tractor and trailer around to help with the tidy-up after a BBQ in Grandma and Grandad’s garden.
- Day 212 – I am grateful for a fun day out at Chessington World of Adventures.
- Day 213 – I am grateful that we’ve now managed to find all the different Morphs on the Morph’s Epic Art Adventure trail.
- Day 214 – I am grateful for a quiet day at home catching up with the to-do list while Sophie and Thomas played with their toys.
- Day 215 – I am grateful for sweet peas.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie doing dance poses by some of the Morphs and Thomas trying to copy her.