We’ve been enjoying lots of time at the park this week. I’m trying to get outdoors with the children as much as possible at the moment so after-school trips to the park are starting to become a regular thing. It’s been a good week for park trips – we’ve been to four different ones and Sophie has loved it.
There’s a lovely little park near GreenAcres which we went to after visiting Jessica at the weekend. We went there a couple of times with Jessica as we first discovered it the summer before she died, and it was somewhere she particularly loved. I can picture her so clearly there, spinning her Kerry doll around on the roundabout. She would have loved seeing Thomas having fun there.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Hubby being back home again!
- Watching Sophie holding owls and a hawk at a Birds of Prey Encounter session.
- Listening to Thomas singing along to songs and nursery rhymes. It’s amazing how his vocabulary is increasing every day now and how many recognisable songs he can sing. Favourites at the moment are the Go-Jetters theme tune, Row Row Your Boat and Three Little Speckled Frogs.
- Doing the flower arrangement at church.
- Sophie drawing pictures of herself and Jessica.
- Catching up with friends over coffee.
- Being sent some beautiful flowers from a friend who thought I’d appreciate them after flying solo over the last couple of weeks.
- Watching Thomas waving bye-bye to the ducks when we went to feed them after school.
- Sophie’s excitement at going to school while it was snowing. Shame it didn’t settle though! She was quite disappointed that it was so short-lived.