Half-term hasn’t quite gone as planned but I’ve been doing my best to enjoy it. Sophie was supposed to have her birthday party last Saturday. Unfortunately both girls came down with a tummy bug on Friday and we had to cancel the party. It was disappointing but couldn’t be helped.
Once we were 48 hours post-bug, we managed to get out on Sunday and enjoy some family time visiting Claremont Landscape Gardens. We planned to go to a film afternoon on Monday and meet up with some friends on Tuesday but Jessica was ill again on Sunday night. It’s meant that we’ve spent half the week indoors instead of getting out and about exploring. It has been nice to have some enforced lazy days though but hopefully we’ve seen the last of the tummy bugs for a while!
Hubby is away in Paris at the moment so I’m flying solo once again. He’s not due back until the weekend before we go into hospital for Jessica’s surgery. Normally I’d be looking forward to him coming home and counting the days but this time part of me is hoping that they’ll go by slowly!
Today is Sophie’s birthday. I can’t quite believe that my baby girl is four already. We’ll be having another day at home with family dropping by during the day although I’m hoping that we’ll manage to get out to the park for a while too.
Things I have loved this week:
- My mum and twin sister coming over and having a tea party with them to help make up for having to cancel Sophie’s birthday party.
- Jessica and Sophie playing with fallen leaves and throwing them in the air.
- An afternoon baking gingerbread biscuits.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie working together on a new jigsaw.
- Doing the Halloween trail at Black Park.
- Having a film night at home and watching Moana for the first time.
- Doing some Christmas crafts with the girls.
- Making Sophie’s birthday cake.