This week is show week. We’ve had our dress rehearsal for our music hall show and I’m looking forward to performing on stage again in front of an audience at the weekend. It’s so nice to have that show week buzz again.
Sophie and I went to see some of her friends performing in a show last weekend. The production was excellent but I wasn’t prepared for one of the scenes towards the end being a huge and very unexpected grief trigger. Thankfully Sophie was sitting with her friend and was fine, but I was a bit of an emotional wreck. I was grateful to have a couple of understanding friends there who helped distract Sophie and provide the space I needed to compose myself again.
Sophie got to try on her song and dance costume this week and practise in it ready for the next dance festival. While she was practising, Thomas decided to join in. I suspect he may have also inherited the performing gene from watching him dance with her!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 140 – I am grateful that a lady from the RSPB was walking past when we discovered this injured gosling on the way to forest school this morning. It was taken to the wildlife rescue centre, not sure if it survived but at least we tried. Thomas was very good at keeping his distance too.
- Day 141 – I am grateful that Sophie and Thomas enjoyed themselves at the HALO play café anniversary party and for all the support that Halo Children’s Foundation offer to bereaved families like ours.
- Day 142 – I am grateful for post-paddling-pool snuggles.
- Day 143 – I am grateful for getting to watch Sophie practise her song and dance solo in costume.
- Day 144 – I am grateful for all the thought-provoking discussions, reflections and exploration over the eight sessions of doing Stepwise Faith-Filled Life. I’ve been left with a few things to ponder over with regards to where God might be leading me next but as is often the case, it’s not quite where I was expecting!!
- Day 145 – I am grateful that Thomas enjoyed his preschool Platinum Jubilee party (and it was quite nice to have a bonus afternoon of me-time while he was there too!)
- Day 146 – I am grateful for number magnets helping keep Thomas entertained while out and about.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie’s fascination at spotting lots of spiderlings in our hedge.
- The beautiful roses in my garden.