We’ve had lots of fun during this week’s half-term break. Sophie and Thomas loved having Nanny come to stay and help look after them while I was performing in the show. They got to have extra time with Nanny after she headed home too, as we then spent a couple of days down in Hampshire seeing family and celebrating my niece’s wedding.
The show went really well last weekend and it was so much fun to be back on stage performing again. I forgot how much I loved that show week buzz. It was such a lovely, friendly group to perform with as well – everyone is really supportive and encouraging with each other and I loved every minute of being on stage. My husband was doing sound for the show and did some video recordings of some of the numbers. I’ve put my solos up on my YouTube channel. This was my favourite of my two solos:
We’re also enjoying taking part in #30DaysWild again now that June is here. It will help give some extra encouragement for getting outside. Having met my target of 100 hours outside in May, I’m aiming for 120 hours outside in June, which will take me to the halfway point for my #1000hoursoutside challenge.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 147 – I am grateful that Sophie was able to join in with Thomas’s forest school session thanks to having an inset day.
- Day 148 – I am grateful to be back performing on stage again. Doing the two music hall shows today was so much fun and the audience loved it too.
- Day 149 – I am grateful for a wonderful weekend performing with such a lovely talented group of performers. Sophie loved coming to the show with my mum today and even got to have a go at being the chairman before the show.
- Day 150 – I am grateful for having my mum come and stay over the weekend. Always lovely to spend time with her and her help looking after Sophie and Thomas was very much appreciated too!
- Day 151 – I am grateful for being able to celebrate with my niece and new nephew-in-law at their wedding reception. Congratulations Lauren and Dan!
- Day 152 – I am grateful for a lovely morning at Butser Ancient Farm.
- Day 153 – I am grateful that I now have a set of disciples ready for the church window display this weekend.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Watching Thomas and his cousin (who is also 3) dancing together at my niece’s wedding.
- Feeding the sheep and goats at Butser Ancient Farm. Sophie was very unimpressed though when one of the goats managed to snatch the bag of food and gobbled it up, paper bag and all!
- Having a walk along the beach at Hayling Island. Sophie and Thomas enjoyed paddling in the sea, which was great fun until Thomas fell on his bottom! Thank goodness we had a change of clothes handy!
- Reading the glowing NODA review for the show.