This week has been all about spending time with family. My twin sister and nieces came to stay for a few days at the beginning of this week and the four cousins have, as always, had a wonderful time together. Jessica was very sad when they had to go back home again though!
We also had the opportunity to get together with other heart families at the weekend at the Families of Ocean Ward day out at Paultons Park. I love these days out – seeing the girls having lots of fun on the rides but also being able to catch up with other heart families that we’ve got to know during our own family’s journey. The heart family community is a wonderfully supportive one and seeing other heart children with similar conditions to Jessica doing well is always very encouraging.
Things I have loved this week:
- Taking the girls swimming and seeing Sophie starting to become a little more confident. She still wants to hold on to me throughout but is now happy for me to hold on to her hands at times rather than being like a little koala clinging on to a tree.
- Getting into the top 100 of the Tots100 for the first time.
- Getting to go on a rollercoaster ride with my sister and nieces – it’s been a while since I last did that!
- My poem about Jessica growing up too quickly being featured in the Britmums Poetry and Prose round-up
- Helping the girls make gingerbread men.
- Noticing Sophie’s toddlerisms much more thanks to my sister and nieces picking up on them – I’m so used to them that I tend to hear the word she is trying to say rather than the adorable way she mispronounces it.
- A day out at Chiltern Open Air Museum enjoying the sunshine.
- Celebrating hubby’s birthday with a Chinese takeaway
- Watching Jessica and Sophie having a lot of messy fun doing some painting in the garden.
- Making clothes peg dollies with the girls.
- Holding my girls’ hands while they go to sleep and getting my hands kissed repeatedly while doing so!