I’ve taken a few days off from the blog this week to focus on sorting things out in the house and catching up on various tasks I’ve been putting off. I bought The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying book quite a while back. It’s been gathering dust (quite literally, and somewhat ironically!) ever since. This week I’ve finally made a start on the decluttering, starting with my wardrobe. I didn’t think I owned that many items of clothing but seeing them piled together in a heap on my bed told me otherwise! It made me realise that my frequent lament of “I have nothing to wear!” really translates as “I have nothing to wear that I enjoy wearing.” I’ve filled five bags for the charity shop and two for the bin. My wardrobe is now just filled with clothes that I love and I feel much better for it.
I’ve also had a big clear out of the girls’ toys and reorganised their storage. My lounge was in danger of being overrun by toys that had no obvious place for them to live. I’ve made space and put them all away and it feels so good to have some of my space back! Fingers crossed the toys that went in the charity shop bag will not be missed!
Things I have loved this week:
- Spending time with another heart family and seeing how much Jessica and Sophie loved being with their friend P, who has a similar heart condition to Jessica.
- Catching up with a couple of close friends over brunch.
- Getting back into running after a two week break – never thought I would enjoy going for a run. I think listening to musical theatre soundtracks as I run also helps!
- Watching Bridget Jones’ Baby with hubby.
- A lunch date with my baby girl.
- Going out for a meal to celebrate my mother-in-law’s birthday.
- Seeing Sophie having fun “helping” out in her French class by making “Monsieur Oeuf” (Humpty Dumpty) sit on the “wall” and fall off again.