We’ve had some lovely special moments this week. There’s been the more everyday kind of special moments such as time with friends, trips to the park, and morning snuggles with the kids in my bed when Daddy was away for a couple of days. I’ve also had a couple of evenings out this week attending a charity event and going to a wreath making workshop.
The highlight of the week was being invited to share Jessica’s story at the Champions of Cyclesport Gala Dinner, a fundraising event in aid of Action Medical Research. We’ve been involved in supporting the work of Action Medical Research since Jessica was four and have shared Jessica’s story a few times to help raise awareness of the work that Action do to help fund research project into rare diseases and conditions.
It was an amazing event and while it was a bit daunting getting up to speak in front of about 650 people, everyone we met there was so friendly and we had a lovely evening. I always love to be able to talk about Jessica and the wonderful little girl she was. Action are such an amazing charity and it means so much to be given the opportunity to talk about Jessica and know that through doing so, we can help other families.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 321 – I am grateful that today has been just the right balance of productivity, time for myself and time spent with friends.
- Day 322 – I am grateful for Thomas being inspired by a craft project he saw on YouTube. I helped him make the cubes, but he did all the drawing for his calendar by himself.
- Day 323 – I am grateful for an afternoon at the park riding scooters and flying a kite.
- Day 324 – I am grateful for new winter boots.
- Day 325 – I am grateful for ice lollies helping make Thomas feel better after falling over and biting the inside of his cheek.
- Day 326 – I am grateful for the opportunity to share Jessica’s story at the Champions of Cyclesport Gala Dinner and raise awareness of the wonderful work that Action Medical Research do.
- Day 327 – I am grateful for an evening spent at a wreath making workshop and time to quietly focus on making Jessica’s Christmas wreath for her forever bed.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Having lunch with a friend.
- Sophie getting a ‘Star of the Day’ certificate at school and a certificate for coming top in her class in their times table league.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas ride their scooters at the park.
- A video call with my mum who has gone on her first ever holiday abroad and is having a wonderful time in St Lucia with four of my siblings.