The first week of the summer holidays has been all about trying to find a balance between having fun with Sophie and Thomas whilst also managing various work and church commitments and tasks that need doing. It’s been a very busy week and while there has been the odd day here and there where the children have had a lot of screen time just so I could get on with work, there have also been a lot of fun moments too.
Thomas turns three on Monday and we had an early birthday party for him last weekend in Grandma and Grandad’s garden. It was such a lovely day for it and he and Sophie had such a fun time with their friends and cousins.
I surprised him and Sophie with a trip to Legoland on Monday. We used to go there a lot with Sophie and Jessica. This was Thomas’s first visit and he loved it. It wasn’t quite as busy as I thought it might be, but as Sophie’s school broke up a little earlier than a lot of other schools, it was still classed as term-time so was a good time to go.
Sophie is off on a sleepover today, spending the weekend at Auntie Loraynne’s house, and hubby is currently away until Tuesday night so it will be quite a quiet weekend with just me and Thomas.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 197 – I am grateful that Sophie has enjoyed her time at infant school. She was quite sad to say goodbye today. Here she is on her first day and last day.
- Day 198 – I am grateful that Thomas had a lovely birthday party. So nice to spend time with family and friends and watch the children having fun together. Thomas loved his ‘alphabet cake’ too although was a bit disappointed to have to share the blocks around as he wanted to use them to spell out ‘Sophie’. Can’t believe my baby boy will be turning three soon.
- Day 199 – I am grateful for water play and giant bubbles.
- Day 200 – I am grateful for a fun day out at Legoland to start the summer holidays.
- Day 201 – I am grateful for fans.
- Day 202 – I am grateful for an evening trip to the park when it is cooler (and quieter!)
- Day 203 – I am grateful that Sophie was able to come along to Thomas’s Tiny Talk class.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Having a go on the bouncy castle at Thomas’s birthday party.
- Cuddles with my great-nephew.
- Making sponge water-bombs and having a water fight in the garden.
- Being able to fill Jessica’s vase with flowers from the garden.