It’s been a busy week with various activities opening up again. Sophie started back at swimming last week, and this week her dance classes restarted back in the dance studio. Before lockdown she was doing two classes a week; now she’s doing five as she’s joined in the competition team. Thankfully three of those are back-to-back on a Saturday and the other two are on the same evening at least.
Thomas is back to doing Tiny Talk toddler classes in the church hall again. It’s been over a year since he went to a group with other children his age and it will be good for him to have that social interaction again.
Our church opened up for Sunday services again last weekend. A few of us involved in worship planning have back in the building for a few weeks to live-stream services, but it was lovely to have some of our other church members be able to join us again.
On a personal note, I opened up to a former colleague of mine last week to share Jessica’s story and my journey through motherhood and living with bereavement on the ‘Motherhood Exposed’ podcast which went live yesterday. It was quite emotional but being able to talk about Jessica also gave me joy too.
And finally now that the vaccine roll-out is being opened up to over-40s, I’ve been able to book my first Covid vaccine for tomorrow. Yay!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 106 – I am grateful that Sophie has a place at our local junior school.
- Day 107 – I am grateful for a geocache hunt in the sunshine.
- Day 108 – I am grateful for being back to doing church services with a congregation there in person as well as online.
- Day 109 – I am grateful for a productive day in the garden. Love all the colours of my spring flowers that are already there and now will hopefully have some more to look forward to in summer.
- Day 110 – I am grateful for sitting out in the garden in the sunshine watching Thomas play with toys.
- Day 111 – I am grateful that Sophie is able to do her dance classes in the studio again.
- Day 112 – I am grateful that Thomas got to enjoy doing Tiny Talk in person for the first time in over a year. He was a little unsure at first but became more confident about joining in halfway through. So lovely to be taking part in a toddler group again with him and for him to have that social interaction with other children.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Playing dress-up with Sophie in the garden.
- Thomas climbing up on the arm of the sofa so he was the right height to give me a kiss.
- Thomas singing away to himself at bedtime.