Sophie is taking part in her first dance festival next week and this week has been full of practice and preparation for this. She has a tap solo, a duet and a group number to dance in and is very excited about it, especially when she finally got to see her costumes this week. Unsurprisingly, she’s a little nervous too, but we’ve had a few practice runs in front of an audience which will hopefully help her with her performances next week.
I love watching her dance and seeing just how much she loves it. She’s worked so hard over the last few months and it’s been lovely to watch her practice. Hopefully she’ll manage to dance her routines next week as well as she’s danced them during her practice sessions.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 288 – I am grateful for the joy of getting a letter from a friend in the post.
- Day 289 – I am grateful for the beautiful sunrise this morning.
- Day 290 – I am grateful for a make-up tutorial from Sophie’s dance teacher, a hair practise and lots of dance practise today to prepare for Sophie’s first dance festival.
- Day 291 – I am grateful for time just getting out and about and having fun with Thomas.
- Day 292 – I am grateful that my husband was only a few minutes away with my spare car keys after I managed to accidentally lock my keys in the car with Thomas inside.
- Day 293 – I am grateful for a much-needed haircut!
- Day 294 – I am grateful for space to get the VTech cars out again and that Thomas enjoys them as much as his sisters did.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie getting out the My Little Pony toys for the first time in ages. Jessica used to love those toys and watching Sophie playing with them again brought back some lovely memories.
- Thomas looking very cute in his costume for the TinyTalk Halloween class.