It’s been another week of flying solo for me – hubby’s away working on an event this week and next week so just me and the girls for a couple of weeks. This week has been a little more challenging as Sophie was poorly earlier in the week. I’m not entirely sure what was wrong but she was just very subdued and spent most of the time dozing on the sofa. Thankfully she is back to her usual happy self now though.
Things I have loved this week:
- Having a night of managing to sleep in my own bed without being joined by either of the girls – I cannot remember the last time that happened and it hasn’t been repeated since!
- Having my close friend come and visit and seeing how much the girls enjoyed spending time with godmummy Katy.
- Attending the Enchanted Museum event at Chiltern Open Air Museum which was utterly magical – we even got to see a unicorn!
- Snuggling with my girls on the sofa and watching Toy Story when Sophie was poorly.
- The way Sophie likes to give me kisses through the bars of her cot when going to sleep.
- Watching Jessica have fun helping Daddy mow Grandma and Grandad’s lawn on the big ride-on mower.
- Sophie hugging me repeatedly and telling me she wants “all the cuddles!”
- Having lots of space in the bed even with two little people joining me (sorry hubby, I do miss you really!)