I have an injured hubby this week after he slipped on the ramp of his work van and damaged his knee. The nurse practitioner at A&E thought that he may have dislocated his kneecap but that it had popped back in by the time his knee was X-rayed, and we’re now waiting for referal to the physiotherapist to help with the recovery process. While he is able to get about a little with the crutches, he’s currently having to stay downstairs as he can’t manage the stairs and we’ve had to be work around things with work and the children as he won’t be able to drive for a while as well. Thankfully he’s not been in too much pain and I think we’re managing things as best we can.
It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster of a week emotionally. As well as the emotions that have come with dealing with hubby’s injured knee, there have been the emotions around the anniversary of Jessica’s funeral this week and the memories that come with that. I’ve been very grateful for the support that we’ve had from family and friends helping us through this week.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 132 – I am grateful for a productive afternoon decluttering the bathroom cabinets and clearing out old bath toys.
- Day 133 – I am grateful for family time together watching Eurovision.
- Day 134 – I am grateful for snuggles with Sophie while listening to her reading.
- Day 135 – I am grateful that my husband didn’t break any bones when he fell yesterday evening and can get around a bit thanks to painkillers and crutches. Hoping that his knee will heal quickly.
- Day 136 – I am grateful for a new swimming costume and the opportunity to go for a swim while Sophie had her swimming lesson.
- Day 137 – I am grateful for the start of another show. Looking forward to hopefully being joined by Sophie again for this one. Also grateful for managing to sing ‘Over the Rainbow’ without breaking down. It will always remind me of how Jessica’s class sang it for her at her memorial assembly but tonight I also thought of Jessica’s smile and her strength and held on to that too.
- Day 138 – I am grateful for warm weather and being able to wear sandals again.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Doing some geocaching while Sophie was at her dance lesson.
- Being able to have the washing drying outside on the line each day this week.
- Sophie being awarded the dancer of the week trophy at her dance school.