This week has been all about getting ready for Christmas. The decorations and tree have finally gone up; the cards have all been written and sent; the shopping is all done and there’s just the present wrapping left to do. We have seen Father Christmas and sung at carol services. This morning, Jessica will be performing in her preschool Christmas concert and I have a sneaking suspicion that I might be a little emotional about it all!
Things I have loved this week:
- Being featured as a Tots100 Good Reads for the first time ever with my post about our first Christmas as a family, spent on the children’s cardiac ward.
- My post about our first Christmas on the cardiac ward also being featured on The Mighty
- Processing the timesheets at work and finding an extra one with a tongue-in-cheek summary of my hubby’s working hours and a reminder that he still thinks about me, even when he’s working long hours.
- A day out at Legoland for the Christmas Bricktacular event which was utterly magical – especially seeing Father Christmas.
- Doing some more Christmas crafts and painting some stars to go on the last of the Christmas cards.
- Singing along to Christmas songs whilst putting the decorations and tree up and then seeing the girls’ faces when they came downstairs in the morning and saw the Christmas tree.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie having fun at the Tiny Talk Christmas party.
- Going shopping with the hubby and choosing some lovely new clothes for my Christmas present.