It’s been three years this week since Jessica died and, as with the previous two anniversaries, we focused on giving joy in honour of our beautiful brave girl. It was lovely to see others joining in too to #givejoyforjessica, sharing their memories or just keeping us in their thoughts. We certainly felt surrounded by love.
The biggest moment of joy though was a very unexpected one. While we were spending time with Jessica at her forever bed, we were surprised by my mum and my sister turning up there too. They don’t live locally and we haven’t see my family for nearly seven months. It was wonderful to see my mum and sister again, especially so unexpectedly. Jessica would have been so thrilled by that unexpected visit from Nanny and Auntie Loraynne too. She also had a visit from Grandma and Grandad that morning too.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 99 – I am grateful for a couple of new additions to our fairy garden.
- Day 100 – I am grateful for a family day out.
- Day 101 – I am grateful for a lovely walk around Chiltern Open Air Museum.
- Day 102 – I am grateful for Halo Children’s Foundation and the support they give to bereaved children. It was lovely today to pop along for the official launch of the new Halo Play Cafe – such a fabulous space for families.
- Day 103 – I am grateful that Sophie is able to go back to swimming lessons again.
- Day 104 – I am grateful for the six and a half wonderful years we had with our beautiful Jessica; for being able to visit her this morning (we weren’t able to visit her last year on the anniversary due to lockdown) and for the wonderful surprise of seeing my mum and sister there too. I was going to go and surprise my mum with a visit today as one of my #givejoyforjessica plans but she surprised me instead. It’s been nearly seven months since I last saw her. Thank you everyone who has shared memories of Jessica today, held us in their thoughts and prayers and joined in to #givejoyforjessica in memory of our beautiful girl.
- Day 105 – I am grateful for a lovely new skirt, especially one with nice deep pockets!
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie making two toilet roll tube lanterns from things she found in the craft cupboard.
- Hubby finding a poster from our university days with his photo on it advertising one of the student union events. I remember that event very well – I’d made myself a dress out of bubble wrap to wear to it! Fun times.
- The little collection of pixies that have now been added to our fairy garden.