We’ve all been unwell this week with what seems to be a nasty cold bug. Sophie was off school at the beginning of the week. There’s chicken pox doing the rounds at school at the moment so I’ve been on pox alert. By Wednesday she was feeling better and there were no signs of spots so it was back to school for her. Thomas had a high temperature and was grouchy on Tuesday and hubby got it about the same time – just in time to go away on a work trip and leave me flying solo. On Wednesday evening it was my turn to come down with it too so I’ve been trying to take it easy. Thankfully hubby is due back this evening and hopefully we’ll all be better in time for half-term.
Things that have made me smile this week
- One of the Girls’ Brigade mums telling me that her daughter looks out for Sophie at Girls’ Brigade because “Sophie no longer has Jessica to look out for her”. They are such a kind group of girls.
- An impromptu family day out doing the Zog trail at Wendover Woods.
- Seeing all the beautiful snowdrops at West Wycombe Park on a snowdrop walk in aid of Child Bereavement UK. Sophie planted a snowdrop near the Temple of Venus in memory of Jessica.
- Sophie choosing Jessica’s starry pyjamas at bedtime because they were the ones Jessica wore in hospital. It’s the first time she’s worn them. She also wanted to go to bed that night with the cushion and blanket that have photos of Jessica on them.
- Thomas rolling over from his back to front for the first time.
- Making a papier-mâché dinosaur head with Sophie for Dino Day.
- Sophie snuggling up with Thomas to watch CBeebies together.
- The lovely Valentine’s card that hubby left for me.