Welcome to Country Kids. Country Kids, originally hosted by Fiona at Coombe Mill, is all about sharing outdoor family fun. It was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago and helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. I hope that you will join me and my co-hosts Helena from The Queen of Collage and Lucy from Kids of the Wild in sharing your outdoor adventures and find inspiration here for new ones.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 16/02/19
One of the things I love about National Trust membership is using it to break up long car journeys. It’s so much nicer to stop off for a walk somewhere rather than stopping at service stations. On our way back from Coombe Mill, we enjoyed a walk in the woods around Hardy’s Cottage. Unfortunately, we were too late to visit the cottage itself, but we had a lovely walk and felt much better for getting out and stretching our legs.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenters are:
- Fiona from Coombe Mill, Mary from Over 40 and a Mum to One and Dawn from Dear Mummy Blog with 7 comments.
Thank you to everyone who joined in last week and for the comments you took time to leave. We’ve had a week of everyone sharing the blog love. Thank you for taking the time to comment on other posts and helping to keep Country Kids such a supportive community.
I loved Typical Mummy’s post sharing 10 ideas for getting kids outdoors in winter.
Helena’s featured post this week is Four Acorns’ thought-provoking post reflecting on there being no place like Earth.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona is continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from last week are as follows:
View this post on Instagram
#countrykidsfun featured images week 124 with thanks to @dinky1711 @jenni_isdancingintherain @midlifemummy and @kidsofthewild_ . Thank you for all the lovely tags. We have now passed 12,800 in the collection. That's a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures with @littleheartsbiglove @kidsofthewild_ and Queen of Collage. Have a lovely weekend, though I think we are all going to be snow free unlike last week. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #winter #happiness #countryside #outdoorclassroom #countryliving #woodland #adventureisouthere #wintercolours #cutekids #sunlight #happytimes #explorerkids #adventurecalling #adventureisouthere #adventuretime #snow #snowmuchfun #snowscene #snowday #zipwire
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.