Jessica’s cardiac team had their meeting on Monday and the plan is for Jessica to be put forward for her next open heart surgery. At the moment, we don’t know when this will happen but we suspect it will be during the summer holidays. We will be meeting with her surgeon at the beginning of August to discuss the surgery and find out more about when this will take place.
Although we knew that this was the most likely outcome of the meeting, it still felt like a shock to have it confirmed. This is a big step for Jessica on her journey. It certainly feels like a very big step for us as parents.
In the meantime, we’ll try and make the most of the summer, and make as many memories as possible before Jessica has to go back into hospital.
Things I have loved this week:
- Jessica getting four new badges on her badge bag at the Girls’ Brigade awards evening plus a badge and certificate for 100% attendance at church parade.
- Having fun at the Buzzyhumming Summer tea party at the Roald Dahl Museum and meeting up with some other bloggers.
- Celebrating at a friend’s wedding and getting up on the dancefloor with my hubby.
- Having my mum come and stay for a few days.
- Afterschool trips to the park.
- Hubby surprising me with a meal out for our wedding anniversary when I thought he was working.
I’m a finalist in this year’s BiBs awards in the Inspire category. If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider voting for me. You can vote for me here.