There have been lots of lovely moments this week mixed in with emotional and stressful ones. The mixed emotions were very much to be expected given it was my birthday. It was lovely to be able to spend an afternoon with my twinny and celebrate together the day before our birthday, but of course it always comes with a side of sadness that Jessica is not there to be part of the celebrations too. My birthday itself was fairly low-key, which I preferred – focusing on the normal routine with a little bit of time out spending time with Jessica at her forever bed.
It was good to have that little chunk of time for myself on my birthday as Thomas was unwell for the next couple of days and then hubby was away working on an event for a couple of days. Thankfully Grandma was able to help out with looking after Thomas so he could stay home while Sophie went to her activities. He’s now much better again but unfortunately my car is now on the blink as the battery isn’t working properly. At least my husband is now back so I can borrow his car while he gets mine fixed. Hopefully things will be back on an even keel again next week!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 126 – I am grateful for spotting this beautiful newly emerged dragonfly after Thomas’s forest school session this morning.
- Day 127 – I am grateful for the beautiful professional photos of Sophie in her dance festival last week taken by Virtuoso Dance Photography.
- Day 128 – I am grateful for an early birthday celebration with my twinny.
- Day 129 – I am grateful for all the birthday love I’ve received today. From the lovely cards (including one from Jessica with a recording of her singing happy birthday), through to having happy birthday sung to me by Sophie’s performing arts group and again at rehearsal and all the lovely online messages. It’s been a busy day but I had a little bit of calm time sitting with Jessica to balance out the busyness which was good.
- Day 130 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed having an after-school playdate at her friend’s house.
- Day 131 – I am grateful for Grandma babysitting for much of today as I had a meeting this afternoon and rehearsal this evening, plus she also stayed home with Thomas in between my meeting and rehearsal while I took Sophie to her dance classes as he wasn’t feeling well.
- Day 132 – I am grateful that the car refused to start at home rather than when we were out somewhere especially with hubby working on an event. It has meant a quieter Thursday afternoon than usual as we couldn’t get to Sophie’s dance classes but at least we weren’t stuck trying to get the car sorted to get home again!
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Thomas counting all the ‘worms’ (catkins) near the campfire at Tots Go Wild.
- Leading the parade service at church and seeing so many families there. It was so lovely to have a service with attendance close to pre-Covid levels again.
- Co-ordinating outfits with Thomas.