I’m feeling a bit tired this week. It’s been a bit up and down overall. My husband was away in Amsterdam for a few days on a work trip so I’ve been flying solo for the first time in a while, plus it’s also been a week of having too many balls to juggle and not enough sleep which has made for a very grumpy mummy. There have been fun moments too though while have hopefully helped balance out the grumpy ones!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 119 – I am grateful for sensory play.
- Day 120 – I am grateful that Sophie and Thomas had fun at the fair.
- Day 121 – I am grateful that Thomas was quite happy to dance with Sophie even if he wasn’t entirely cooperative with the steps.
- Day 122 – I am grateful for video calls with my husband while he’s away in Amsterdam.
- Day 123 – I am grateful for all the little loving things that Sophie does. Today she came out of school with a Numberblocks picture that she drew for Thomas because he loves them so much.
- Day 124 – I am grateful for this beautiful view on waking up this morning (especially as my husband being away meant that I didn’t end up trying to sleep half-falling out of bed as a result of these two ending up in it).
- Day 125 – I am grateful for summer dress weather!
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie getting a ‘Brainiac’ certificate at school.
- Spending a sunny afternoon having a barbecue with friends we haven’t seen for a while.
- Watching Sophie take part in another dance festival. It was a tough festival and she was the only one from her dance school competing. She came fourth this time and was a little disappointed, which was understandable after having a run of winning medals. She made me proud as always though – not just for dancing well but also for keeping a big smile on her face throughout the adjudication in spite of her disappointment at not being in a medal position this time.