Last Friday was the Girls’ and Boys’ Brigades awards evening. Sophie was very proud to be awarded the four badges that she worked for this year, her church parade attendance badge and a certificate and book for being the winner of the Explorer marks competition.
As you can imagine, it was an emotional evening too with all the memories of awards evenings with Jessica. She’s still very much remembered and loved at Girls’ Brigade. Last year, we donated an award in her memory to be awarded to a girl in the company each year who has overcome something and made an achievement. After Jessica’s cup was given out to this year’s very deserving recipient, we were presented with a beautiful azalea in memory of Jessica which Sophie and her friends helped to pot in the courtyard at church. There were lots of tears and lots of smiles too.
Sophie made me proud this week too at her first rehearsal for The Sound of Music. The children had a singthrough of Do-Re-Mi and I was amazed at how well Sophie managed to follow the score and come in with her part. She loved it and I loved seeing her enjoyment throughout the rehearsal. I also enjoyed singing through some of the nun’s choruses at my first rehearsal.
Thomas is getting very confident now with pulling himself up to stand and is starting to work out how to cruise around the furniture. He’s very proud of himself for being able to get around more!
Things that have made me smile this week
- Thomas sitting at the sound desk at church. We have similar photos of both his sisters sitting at the sound desk when they were babies.
- Arranging the flowers at church.
- Watching Sophie having fun on the trampolines and slides at her friend’s birthday party.
- Putting blobs of paint on a paper plate and putting it out in the rain to see what patterns it made.
- Hopping on a tube train to find a new park to explore.
- After-school trips to the park.
- A lovely evening having one of our university friends over for dinner.
- Being able to see Sophie’s face properly again after getting her fringe cut.
- The lovely cards and gift from hubby for our tenth wedding anniversary.
- Being sent a beautiful bouquet from our best man to congratulate us on our anniversary.