Welcome to Country Kids. Country Kids, originally hosted by Fiona at Coombe Mill, is all about sharing outdoor family fun. It was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago and helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. I hope that you will join me and my co-host Lucy from Kids of the Wild in sharing your outdoor adventures and find inspiration here for new ones.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 13/07/19
*A couple of recent changes to highlight*
There’s a new badge for Country Kids to reflect the recent change in co-hosts. The code for the new badge is at the bottom of the post so please do update your posts with the new badge going forward.
I have recently started tweeting out a reminder before I start counting comments on the linky so that I don’t miss anyone’s comments. I hope that this is helpful, but if you would prefer that I didn’t do so, please do let me know.
We took a trip on the train last week to find a new park to visit. It was a fun way of exploring somewhere new and making the journey part of the adventure too.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenters are:
Thank you to everyone who joined in last week and for the comments you took time to leave. Everyone commented on all other blog posts this week. Thank you all for helping to keep Country Kids a supportive community.
I loved the list of 100 things to do outside shared by The Ladybird’s Adventures – if you’re looking for some inspiration for outdoor fun during the summer holidays there’s some great ideas here.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona is continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from last week are as follows:
View this post on Instagram
#countrykidsfun featured images week 145 with thanks to @emilyandindiana @typicalmummy @stoppingattwo and @lanes.end.farm Thank you for all the lovely tags. We have now passed 14,400 in the collection. That's a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures with @littleheartsbiglove and @kidsofthewild_ . Have a lovely weekend. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #happiness #countryside #outdoorclassroom #countryliving #adventureisouthere #summercolours #cutekids #sunlight #happytimes #explorerkids #adventurecalling #adventuretime #wildflowers #sun #familyfun #meadow #grass #childsplay #outdoorgames
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.