We’ve settled back in to our normal routines with everything being back to normal after the Christmas break. Thomas seems more settled at school this week too which is good. He struggled with the return to school last week but has a new teaching assistant helping him and has been much happier this week. Sophie has settled back into her busy routine of dance and theatre classes. This term is going to be a busy one with extra rehearsals as her theatre group have their main show during the Easter break.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 5 – I am grateful that the Christmas decorations have been taken down and packed away.
- Day 6 – I am grateful for snuggles on the sofa.
- Day 7 – I am grateful for pretty new shoes.
- Day 8 – I am grateful for enough snow to make a teeny snowman.
- Day 9 – I am grateful for eBay. Thomas is crazy about the Powerpuff Girls at the moment so was very happy to be surprised with these after school.
- Day 10 – I am grateful for getting out in the winter sunshine for a lunchtime walk.
- Day 11 – I am grateful that Thomas finally got a new reading book having had the last one for 45 days.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie’s delight at jumping on the trampoline in the park when it was filled with water after all the rain. She got soaked but at least we managed to get home fairly quickly and get changed before she got too cold.
- Having snuggles with Sophie and Thomas in my bed in the morning and reading the day’s poem from ‘I Am The Seed That Grew The Tree’ before getting ready for the school run.
- Sophie and Thomas making shadow puppets at bedtime.
- Sophie getting a distinction in her ballet exam with 91 marks.
- Catching up with am-dram friends at the launch night for the May concert.