It feels like it has done nothing but rain for most of this week. I know that this is typical of a British summer but I am sure the weather wasn’t quite so bad last August. Thankfully the sun has made an appearance again towards the end of this week. I’m not so sure it will last, but hopefully we will see a little more of the sun before summer ends!
We are still waiting for a date for Jessica’s surgery. Part of me is hoping that we get a date soon; part of me is quite happy to not have a firm date – once we have that, the next surgery will start to feel very, very real. For now, we’re trying not to think too much about it and just enjoy the summer holidays as best we can – even if the weather isn’t the best!
Things I have loved this week:
- A day out at Legoland with hubby and our girls.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie having fun with their friends at the park.
- Hubby being home early enough to help with bedtime a couple of days this week.
- Making paper dolls.
- Doing some craft activities at Chiltern Open Air Museum.
- Having an indoor picnic.
- Putting our wellies and waterproofs on and splashing in puddles.
- Being in the top 50 of the Tots100 index for the first time.
- A day out at Stonor Park with Grandma.
- Picking apples, plums and blackberries in Grandma’s garden.
Nominations are now open for this year's BiBs awards. If you enjoy reading my blog or find my posts thought-provoking, I'd love a nomination in either the Inspire and/or the Family and Lifestyle categories. You can nominate me by filling in the form here