After enjoying lots of family time together over Christmas and New Year, this week has been all about the return to normality. Jessica is back at preschool again, our usual toddler classes have resumed and hubby is back at work. It’s been a bit of a challenge adjusting to it – I often find that I feel a little low in early January after the excitement of the festive season but after a bumpy couple of days mood-wise, things seem to be back on an even keel again. I’ve been enjoying finding things to be thankful for each day as part of my #366daysofgratitude over on Instagram and this has also helped encourage me to be more positive too.
Things I have loved this week:
- Embracing the positives and looking for things to be thankful for as part of the #366daysofgratitude challenge.
- Going out for a meal with a group of friends.
- Finally unpacking the last of the boxes in the garage. We moved over six years ago so it wasn’t too surprising that it resulted in us getting rid of most of the contents of said boxes!
- Seeing things take shape in the garage – it’s not quite finished yet but the walls have been painted, shelves have gone up and hubby has a new work bench.
- Seeing the joy on the girls’ faces when they greeted each other at preschool pick-up time with big cuddles.
- Having hubby home in time for dinner one evening – a rare occurrence when he is back at work!
- Going for a walk and exploring a previously unexplored lane near our house.
- The girls’ excitement at being back at Tiny Talk toddler signing classes.