After the busyness and the emotional rollercoaster of the last few weeks, it’s been good to have a bit of a lull this week. My to-do list is starting to feel manageable again and while there have been intense emotional moments, I’ve been able to just let myself feel the emotions without trying to fight the storm.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 274 – I am grateful for all the beautiful memories brought back by moments like this.
- Day 275 – I am grateful for a lovely afternoon going out for ice-cream and waffles to celebrate Sophie’s friend’s birthday.
- Day 276 – I am grateful that both services at church went well today and the children coped well with being at church all day (and enjoyed being able to have some cake afterwards too!)
- Day 277 – I am grateful for raincoats and wellies.
- Day 278 – I am grateful that Daddy was on bedtime duty this evening.
- Day 279 – I am grateful for the ordinary moments
- Day 280 – I am grateful that we were able to inter Auntie Marls’ ashes so close to Jessica’s forever bed today on her birthday. Whenever I visit Jessica from now on, I will make sure I bring some flowers for Auntie Marls too. Thankful too for all the lovely memories of a wonderful lady who is very much missed.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Singing in a choir for the local area group joint church service.
- Morning snuggles with Sophie and Thomas.
- Sophie moving up another book band to grey.