This week has been a busy one, but gentler than the past few weeks have been. The storm has calmed down for now and I’m back to feeling more able to navigate living with grief. It’s just as well given all the things I’m currently trying to juggle. Hopefully once I get past this weekend it will hopefully ease off a little.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 267 – I am grateful that Sophie is enjoying junior school and is “working so hard in all lessons, being helpful and always smiling”. She was very proud coming out of school with a Brainiac Award certificate this afternoon. Well done Sophie.
- Day 268 – I am grateful for a lovely evening celebrating with family and friends at my twinny’s wedding reception one year after her wedding. Sophie enjoyed being able to wear her bridesmaid dress again.
- Day 269 – I am grateful that this little monkey has finally settled down to sleep after a bit of an epic bedtime battle!
- Day 270 – I am grateful for simple suppers that don’t end up being rejected!
- Day 271 – I am grateful for a nice relaxing lunch at the church cafe.
- Day 272 – I am grateful that I can see all the decorations around the Pretty Jessica roses again after spending the morning clearing the weeds.
- Day 273 – I am grateful to have some petrol in the tank again having been running very low.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Getting a glimpse of a moment that might have been at my sister’s wedding reception thanks to the magic of Photoshop.
- Playing around with different bun hair-styles for Sophie’s dance classes.
- Watching Sophie walking into school hand-in-hand with her friends and seeing how happy she is to go in each day.
- A brief dream visit from Jessica.