We might be staying home, but life in lockdown feels very busy at times with me juggling a lot of balls. Home-schooling Sophie, working from home, keeping Thomas entertained, doing all the little chores around the house, being involved in helping keep our church community together remotely. Some days I feel like I’m managing to juggle it all; other days, I feel like most of the balls have come crashing to the floor and I need to pick them back up and start again. In those moments when my patience has run out and I’m at the end of my tether, that’s when I’ll often hand over to hubby and get out for my allowed exercise and some much-needed headspace. But it is nice to have family time together, even if it can be a bit full-on at times!
Things that have made me smile this week
- The Sound of Music winning two awards in the district NODA awards – best musical and the Flame award for the von Trapp children.
- Watching The Sound of Music with Sophie and talking about our memories of the show.
- Watching the birds in the garden.
- Making balloon rockets with Sophie.
- Doing a nature walk with Sophie and seeing what different plants we could spot while out for a walk around the park.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas having fun playing with bubbles in the garden.
- Joining in with a virtual games evening.
- Having meals out in the garden.
- Joining in with a VE-Day themed Tiny Talk session.