My mind feels like an unending game of Tetris is going on inside it at the moment. As soon as one thing slots into place on the mental to-do list, another thing appears that I need to try and make headspace for. Too much juggling going on, and it feels like a battle to keep up with it all. I know it will settle down again and feel manageable again at some point, but right now it all feels a bit much.
I’m still in the process of decluttering ahead of moving Thomas into his new room next month. There’s a lot of stuff to sort out and try to find homes for elsewhere. Another game of Tetris – trying to work out what will go where and how best to move things around. Moving things around in my diary trying to make time to focus on sorting things out.
Sophie has started having tuition sessions to prepare her for the 11+ next year. There’s quite a bit of extra homework that comes with this. It’s broken down into manageable chunks throughout the week but it’s another thing to fit in on top of her dancing and theatre activities whilst also making sure that she gets enough down-time from it all as well. We’ve started putting new routines in place to help make this easier for her, but I think it will take a little time before we settle into what will work best.
Show rehearsals for The Wizard of Oz have also ramped up now that we’re just three weeks away from show week. It’s going to be a busy few weeks ahead but hopefully things will then ease off to give us all a breather before the madness of the festive season begins!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 272 – I am grateful for being able to treat Sophie at Costa while waiting for Thomas to finish Boys’ Brigade.
- Day 273 – I am grateful for a lovely evening at the Land’s End – John o’ Groats Association 40th anniversary gala dinner.
- Day 274 – I am grateful for the joy of getting to ride a Trunki down a hill.
- Day 275 – I am grateful for the pretty necklace my husband brought back for me from his trip away.
- Day 276 – I am grateful for all the funny moments with this little boy of mine.
- Day 277 – I am grateful for new tap shoes.
- Day 278 – I am grateful for meetings finishing on time!
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Hubby being back home again.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas having fun at their friend’s birthday party.