Thomas has been poorly for the last couple of days with a high fever and generally being very unsettled and unhappy. Since Jessica died, I’m much more anxious when my children are unwell, and especially so at the moment with the coronavirus pandemic.
I didn’t think that it was likely to be coronavirus – Thomas’s outdoor activities have been pretty much confined to the garden for the last three months and the only people we’ve had contact with recently have been my in-laws who came and sat in our garden for 45 minutes last weekend. They’ve not been ill and nor have the rest of us, but we decided to get Thomas tested just in case. I’ve done nasal swabs a few times with Jessica during her hospital admissions so that part of the test was fine, but trying to swab the back of Thomas’s throat was tricky! The test came back negative, which wasn’t a surprise. It’s much more likely that he has an ear or throat infection. Hopefully he’ll start perking up again soon, and be back to his usual happy self.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Harvesting our home-grown salad from the garden.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas having fun joining in the Little Hearts Matter virtual children’s party.
- Sophie dancing with Thomas in the garden.
- Thomas making himself cosy in the den underneath Sophie’s bed.
- Doing some crafts to go with this week’s home learning theme – the seaside. Our favourite craft was making an ocean in an egg carton complete with peg dolly mermaids.