A summer full of fun and adventure is coming to an end. This week especially has been about trying to savour the little moments, trying to slow down time, to fully enjoy the moment and make the most of it. We’ve done so much together this week and always at the back of my mind has been the acute awareness that this time next week Jessica will be in school. I know she will love it and that I will adjust, but, my goodness, how I am going to miss her being with me at home!
It’s been a wonderful summer, a full summer and one that I am thankful to be able to look back on, knowing that we really did make the most of that time before the start of school. The things I wanted to do with my big girl before she started school have been done and I have so many wonderful memories of those pre-school days to look back on. I’m prepared for next week to be an emotional one but I’m thankful that there will be no regrets mixed in with my sadness over my big girl becoming a little more independent from me.
Things I have loved this week:
- An afternoon exploring the gardens at Baddesley Clinton and having one of my photos from our day out featured by White Camellias in the #WorldofLittles round up.
- Stepping back in time at the Black Country Living Museum and taking a boat trip into the Dudley canal tunnel.
- Seeing how much the girls enjoyed a day out at CBeebies Land.
- A lazy morning having snuggles in bed with my girls.
- Seeing history being brought to life on a day out at Kenilworth Castle.
- Remembering to book a shoe fitting appointment for Jessica’s school shoes and discovering how much easier it made the whole experience!
- Picking blackberries and apples in Grandma’s garden and then making a cake with them.
- Finding my first geocache.
- Enjoying a picnic in the sunshine at an outdoor stay and play session.
- Being able to use our preschool passes again at Legoland on the last couple of days of the summer holidays.