This past week has been another busy one, starting with two days of celebrating Thomas’s birthday – his birthday itself and then his birthday party the next day. We’ve also been enjoying days out and ticking things off Sophie’s summer activities list. Rehearsals for The Sound of Music are continuing over the summer and it is lovely to watch Sophie learning her songs and dances with the other children. It’s just as well that I love the songs as much as she does given how often she sings them during the day!
We’ve also been busy planning our big summer adventure – travelling from John O’Groats to Land’s End by bus and train. We did the reverse journey three years ago with Jessica and Sophie and now we are going to “JoGLE for Jessica” with Sophie and Thomas to raise money for Little Hearts Matter. No doubt it will be a very bittersweet and emotional journey but hopefully it will be fun too.
Things that have made me smile this week
- A picnic in the woods with my friend and her children.
- Making Thomas’s birthday cake.
- Thomas’s birthday card being shown on CBeebies.
- Watching the children having fun at Thomas’s birthday party. My great-nephew particularly enjoyed riding the Scuttlebug down one of the slopes in the garden and getting one of the dads to carry it back up so he could ride down it again and again and again!
- An afternoon at the funfair.
- Watching Thomas chatting and smiling at the baby in the mirror.
- An afternoon in the Halo garden watching Sophie playing with the other children. Thomas liked the pop-up circus tent in the garden.
- Going on a zoo trip with other Halo families.
- Taking Sophie to see an outdoor theatre production of The Wind in the Willows.