Thomas has been amazing us with his grasp of words this week. His latest favourite thing to do is to spell out words that he’s seen around him using his letter blocks or magnetic letters. It’s him memorising sequences of letters rather than being able to read them but I’m still very impressed with it.
We’ve had ‘In the Night Garden’, ‘Teletubbies’, ‘Numberblocks’, ‘Alphablocks’ and ‘Baby Jake’ (so no prizes for guessing some of his favourite CBeebies shows!) He also loves spelling out ‘Jessica’ and ‘Sophie’, which makes me happy. He’s also learnt how to type these into the search bar on iPlayer to find his favourite programmes on the iPad. I’m quite amazed at what he takes in and remembers, especially considering that he’s not quite three yet.
Sophie has also been learning some new words this week. I thought I’d throw a little French lesson into one of our #30DaysWild activities and teach her some French words for different insects. She quite enjoyed matching up the cards and I learned a couple of new words in the process too!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 176 – I am grateful that Sophie was able to see her friends from Girls’ Brigade again at their first meeting back in person since March last year.
- Day 177 – I am grateful for a night out at a Kings and Queens themed garden party.
- Day 178 – I am grateful for a lovely weekend of having my mum here to stay.
- Day 179 – I am grateful for the joy of seeing how this little boy of mine is constantly learning and taking things in – his latest thing is spelling out words that he sees around him. Amazes me the way he remembers things.
- Day 180 – I am grateful for an England win over Germany!
- Day 181 – I am grateful for the way Sophie and Thomas make each other laugh.
- Day 182 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed her sports day.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- A little note found in Sophie’s book bag from a boy in her class telling her that she is the “smartest girl I’ve ever sene (sic)”
- Surprising Daddy with a cream pie in the face (Sophie got the idea from watching Saturday Mash-Up). I’m pleased to say that he found it just as funny as we did!
- Sophie getting to hold several moths in her hands to observe them just before they were released on an afternoon out at Chiltern Open Air Museum.