We’ve been enjoying getting outdoors and having fun over half-term. It’s been a lovely break and I’ve really enjoyed switching off from things and focusing on being with Sophie and Thomas. It’s been a nice balance of planned activities or days out and time to just be at home and relax. There’s been adventure and time to explore; snuggles on the sofa and little happy ordinary moments; fun, laughter and moments of just being content to be together. It’s been a good half-term holiday and I’m grateful for all the lovely moments we’ve had together this week.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 146 – I am grateful that Sophie and her friend both got in to the children’s chorus for Wizard of Oz. Really looking forward to being in the show with them.
- Day 147 – I am grateful for some green space where Thomas could play while waiting for Sophie to do a dance class.
- Day 148 – I am grateful for family time sitting outside in the sunshine, enjoying the first barbecue of the year.
- Day 149 – I am grateful for a lovely walk up West Wycombe Hill and a visit to the Hellfire Caves.
- Day 150 – I am grateful for a lovely walk hunting for geocaches and following an Adventure Lab trail.
- Day 151 – I am grateful for some Mummy-Thomas time enjoying a walk around Ruislip Lido while Sophie enjoyed her drop-off day at Iver Environment Centre.
- Day 152 – I am grateful that Sophie and Thomas had fun dressing up.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- One of my friends being welcomed into membership at church.
- Watching the starlings squabbling over the fat balls in the bird feeder.
- Sophie and Thomas rolling down a hill together.
- Sophie’s joy at seeing some of her BYT friends at auditions for The Little Mermaid, the summer youth project at the Beck Theatre.
- Seeing the roses starting to bloom in the garden.