If you’ve been reading my blog posts or following my social media over the last couple of days, you will know that we’re expecting a new addition to our family later this year. It is such a relief to finally have everything out in the open – not least because it’s becoming increasingly hard to hide my changing figure! We told the girls on Christmas Day (after revealing the news to our parents with the help of some personalised Russian dolls) and they’re both very excited about having a new sibling to look forward to. I’m very impressed with them both for managing to keep it a surprise for as long as they have!
We had our 12 week scan last week and all seemed well with baby “Peanut” as he or she is currently known. The tiredness and nausea have eased off a lot in the last week or so. It’s nice to finally have a bit more energy and to be able to enjoy cooking once again!
Things I have loved this week:
- Seeing baby Peanut at the 12 week scan.
- Getting out and about as a family again and enjoying a couple of hours at Langley Park.
- Announcing our news to our church family at the church members’ meeting.
- Jessica managing to walk to preschool and back to pick up Sophie.
- Finishing off our shoebox house and making some furniture to go in it.
- Getting a lovely get well soon card from Jessica signed by lots of people from the Land’s End – John O’Groats Association.
- Teaching Jessica about the solar system and making a solar system picture together.
- Trying out some new recipes.
- Getting my first half-decent photo of the moon, thanks to the super moon.