The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. Here are this week’s fabulous five:
- My hubby is great with the girls but there are definitely moments when I’m running around like a headless chicken and he is a little oblivious to it all so this post from Confessions of a Crummy Mummy about the differences between mums and dads definitely resonated with me –
- I loved Northern Mum’s confessions in her post “I am the mum that…” – the line about shouting like a half-crazed psychopath inside the house and then stepping out the door like Mary Poppins made me laugh – glad it’s not just me that can be like this!
- There are lots of posts out there sharing blogging advice but this post from Mr and Mrs T Plus 3 sharing 16 dos and don’ts of blogging is well worth a read – it’s positive and encouraging and a great reminder to stay true to ourselves and not get sucked into negativity.
- I remember the first Valentine’s presents I bought as a tween and the shyness over it all. I loved the way Morgan’s Milieu handled helping her son buy his first Valentine’s gift in such a sensitive and thoughtful way.
- The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep is a bit of a Marmite book in my opinion – it either works brilliantly or your kids hate it. I love this post from Toilets Aren’t For Turtles about the Mummy Who Wants to Fall Asleep and what happened when she tried to use the book on her sleep-dodging toddler.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.