We’ve had a poorly Sophie for the last couple of days thanks to an attack of croup. It’s resulted in some rough nights for us all and lots of time indoors having snuggles during the day. She fell asleep in my arms on Wednesday – which is almost unheard of these days. Whilst it wasn’t nice that she was poorly, I have to confess I did quite enjoy having my sleepy bubba in my arms for a while. Yesterday was a little better, so fingers crossed that she is on the mend now. Jessica has been quite concerned about her little sister and constantly asking her “are you okay, Sophie?” and wanting to “gentle Sophie” (Jessica-speak for stroking Sophie’s hands and hair). It’s lovely to see the concern although it’s not always been very well-received by a grumpy Sophie!
Trying to keep both girls amused whilst being stuck indoors has been a little challenging at times – thank goodness for crafts and baking! Fortunately we did manage to get out and about earlier in the week before the croup struck and enjoy some fun moments together.
Things I have loved this week:
- An afternoon with hubby’s cousin and her two children who were visiting from Luxembourg.
- Having a spare room all ready for guests thanks to hubby moving furniture around and putting the day bed together.
- A movie evening with the girls, snuggling on the sofa together watching Toy Story and eating popcorn.
- Being interviewed by Mummascribbles for her Mummascribbles meets… series.
- Learning how to grow vegetables at the Innocent Sow and Grow event.
- Going for a walk at Langley Country Park and making the most of some sunshine.
- Having an indoor picnic.