The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. Last week was a bit of a hectic one and I didn’t manage to share my Friday Fabulous Five, so this week’s picks are from the last two weeks:
- I loved this quiz from Slouching Towards Thatcham on the curse of the perfectionist blogger – thankfully I seem to be fairly balanced although I do venture into perfectionist territory here and there! How do you score on this quiz?
- Whilst striving for perfectionism is something that can be hard to resist as a blogger, it can quickly become exhausting and unfulfilling. Sometimes we need to stop and remember all the reasons why our blogs are good enough, that we don’t have to constantly try to be the best and Mummy from the Heart shares a wonderfully encouraging post to remind us of this.
- I quite often make up songs to go with whatever I happen to be doing during the day and definitely have a bit of a parenting soundtrack. It’s good to know that I’m not alone in doing this thanks to Occupation (M)other sharing 11 songs from her parenting soundtrack. Can anyone else relate?
- Reflections from Me shared ten quotes on parenting that made me smile. I love her reflections at the end of this post about being a role model for her children and embracing parenthood with all its imperfections.
- Trying to have a phone conversation when the children are around can be nigh on impossible at times. Hello Archie shares a list of things that she has found herself saying whilst on the phone –I can certainly identify with quite a few of these!
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.