The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. Here are this week’s fabulous five:
- Social media can be great for keeping up-to-date with friends but there is also a danger of overanalysing people’s reactions to things and feeling hurt. Life with Six Kids shares seven ways in which Facebook can be a negative thing for friendships.
- My Kid Doesn’t Poop Rainbows has started a series on her blog sharing a laugh each week and the video clip she shared this week “Ode to sleep-deprived parents – O You Terror” had me in stitches – this is my life on a daily basis!
- I could definitely identify with the list of 25 lies tired parents tell shared by How to Survive a Sleep Thief – I’ve certainly been guilty of most of these!
- Raising bilingual children is something I would love to do – but other than trying to teach our children the limited amount of French we know, hubby and I just don’t have the language skills to do so. I love this post from Diary of an Imperfect Mum reflecting on her decision to raise her children bilingually and the benefits of doing so.
- Wry Mummy’s beautiful post with its’ analogy of the early days of motherhood being like life of Mars brought back all the strangeness and wonder of those days and nights with a new baby.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.