The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. Here are this week’s fabulous five:
- Having one of ‘those’ days with your little one? Run, Jump, Scrap shares 10 reasons why she knows she’s had a bad day and it’s certainly a list that I can relate to!
- I always love reading Writing Bubble’s limericks and this trio that didn’t quite make the final cut for her children’s books due to being a little inappropriate made me chuckle.
- Most of us exceed the speed limit every now and then and it can be easy to think that just going a little bit faster really doesn’t make that much difference. This thought-provoking and sobering post from Slouching Towards Thatcham gives more information about just how much difference a few miles an hour can make in an accident. It’s certainly made me think twice about putting my foot down, even just a little.
- I love this list of 20 things that Motherhood: The Real Deal would tell her former self about becoming a mum – 20 great pieces of advice, especially the one about accepting the mum that you are even though it may be very different from the mum you thought you would be.
- When caring for a sick child in hospital, it is the little moments that can make such a difference. Scribbles and Crumbs shared a beautiful and moving post reflecting on the little things that the nurses caring for her son Charlie did and the impact that they had.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.