This is a craft that has a special place in my heart. It is the last craft that I did with Jessica before she passed away. She and Sophie always loved fairies and making things that they could use in imaginative play. As part our #BostikBlogger crafts last year we made a flower garden in an egg box. Of course, no flower garden is complete without a few flower fairies to look after it. After Jessica had finished making her flower garden, she, Sophie and their cousins made a few flower fairies to go in it.
You will need:
- Craft sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Flower, flower petal and leaf shapes
- Marker pens
1) Wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle of the craft stick to make the arms for the fairy.
2) Use glue or glue dots to attach some leaf shapes to the back of the craft stick to make the fairy’s wings.
3) Glue two petal shapes just below the pipe cleaner for the fairy’s skirt.
4) Glue a flower shape above the petals to make the fairy’s top.
5) Use a marker pen to draw a face, hair and feet on the craft stick.
6) Glue a flower shape behind the fairy’s head for her flower crown.
You could also cut leaf and petal shapes out of pretty patterned paper to make the wings and skirt for the flower fairies. I love how different each of the fairies that the girls made is. They had so much fun together making these. Unfortunately I didn’t take any photos of them making them together. The memory of them doing so is one that I will treasure though.