Spring is well and truly here – even if the weather doesn’t always seem to agree! Our recent crafting activities have been inspired by the flowers that are starting to appear everywhere. The contents of this month’s #BostikBlogger craft box were perfect for helping us create a beautiful egg box flower garden. This is a fairly simple craft for preschoolers to do. Sophie needed a little assistance here and there but was mostly able to create her garden by herself.
You will need:
- An egg box
- Green craft sticks
- Silk (or paper) flower shapes
- Green patterned washi tape
- Glue (we used a Bostik Fine and Wide Glu Pen)
- Blu Tack
- Green tissue paper
1) Stick a flower shape on one end of a craft stick using glue.
2) Glue a button to the centre of the flower.
3) Wrap washi tape around the other end of the craft stick to make leaves. Leave the flower to dry.
4) Repeat to make more flowers.
5) Once the flowers have dried, use the Blu Tack to stick them to the base of the egg box.
6) When all the flowers have been arranged in the egg box, tear up pieces of green tissue paper. Use the torn-up pieces of tissue paper to cover the base of the egg box.
7) Use glue to add more flower shapes to the tissue paper to finish the garden.
As you can see, Sophie was very proud of her flower garden! It’s the perfect size for some small world play with the fairy Playmobil figures too!
We were sent a box of craft materials from Bostik as part of being a Tots100 #BostikBlogger